Monday, February 2, 2009
Psychiatry's future is here
Henry A. Nasrallah, MD, Editor-in-Chief
Do you sometimes wonder what psychiatry’s future holds? Wonder no more: abundant clues point to exciting innovations in our field. Let me highlight 6 trends that will shape how we practice psychiatry.
1. Earlier diagnosis and early intervention.
2. A tsunami of genetic discoveries.
3. Neuroplasticity as treatment target.
4. Neurostimulation for brain repair.
5. Pharmacogenomics in clinical practice.
6. Intertwining of physical and mental disorders.
Read full text (free access)
Comment on this article
Email the editor